When you feel not enough
"Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations."
Jeremiah 1:5
Last week was a series of events which made me feel not enough. First during a conversation with a long time friend, we got on to a conversation regarding my faith in the lord. We have known each other for almost 10 years during our first job but then life happened and we lost contact with each other. I was not a believer back then. Lord crossed our paths again and I shared my faith in the lord with him which raised so many doubts and questions in his heart. He asked me so many questions which I tried to answer in the most honest way, however a feeling of unworthiness swept over me because I still don't know lord fully. There are still aspects and character of him that I need to understand which made me realise that I lack knowledge about the lord whom I love with all my heart, mind and soul.
The second incident happened when I was having a discussion over a call with a human resource professional. I have worked in this career line for all my professional life (almost 10 years) and here I was having this conversation and feeling almost like a failure in front of the knowledge that she had. I felt small in the big world. I felt small in my walk with the lord, I felt small in my heart for ministry and leading people to the heart of god ( even my own friends), I felt small in my knowledge of career that I have been doing for so long.
With the feeling of insufficiency, I opened my Bible to hear god's loving voice and he lead me to Jeremiah 1:5. This verse spoke to my soul and uplifted me. I am sufficient enough that lord knows me. He knows me, he sanctified me and he even anointed me as the prophet of the nation's. How beautiful is to know that the lord of universe knows you well even when people around you don't understand your faith, don't appreciate your talents but lord does.
Prayer: Father, help me to understand that you see me as worthy. I am worthy of your love. I am talented enough to do the good works that you called me to do. Amen.
Comments
Post a Comment