The one who sees all

" Be still and know I am the lord"

Stillness does not come easy to many of us. We live in a culture which calls us to be continuously running proving and multi tasking in order to prove our worth. It's hard to stop and catch a breath for yourself in a world which is chaotic at every stage.

I am people driven. I have a long formed habit to do things in a people pleasing way. I compromise and always try to prove to people that I am worthy of their acceptance. I work hard long stretch and yet by the end of the day feels like unaccomplished and always a failure.

I know sisters I am not the only one. This is both an encouragement and heart breaking to know that I am not alone in this. Heart breaking because I don't want this to my fellow siaters. Encouraging because I am not the only one struggling in this area.

While there is nothing wrong in doing things for others. Rather Bible tells us always to keep others interests above our own. The same Bible also tells us that we are uniquely and wonderfully made into his image.

So girls while you may go on serving others and following God's heart for them, I urge you never to forget your identity in lord and to fulfill first his calling in your life.

Prayer: Heavenly father, give me a serving heart for others yet understanding my own divine calling. Sometimes when I am becoming too much people pleasing help me to be still in your presence.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Patience – The Five-Minute Test

Every Sunrise Preaches a Sermon