Releasing your burdens and an incredible prayer

"Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing."(ESV)

I could sense a deep anxiety within me.I was peaceful and quiet from outside, busy with my daily chores yet something inside me was troubled. My soul felt heavy and I almost felt teary. It was the feeling of going through some tough trails. I lost my job during the pandemic, I was deeply concerned about the turn that my career will take now. I was deeply worried about my future, about my kid, about our provisions. More than that I was concerned not being able to share the financial burdens of my husband. I was concerned about my ministry. Lord has put in me a heart and a desire to minister but how in the world I will do it. One after another thoughts were piling up and finally guilt took me over. 

Despite every effort I could see life was not what I thought of. I am a hard worker and I carry too many burdens on me. But then lord specifically told me to release it. He told me that I am carrying too much with me. While working hard towards your family and goals glorifies God yet we are not meant to carry the burden when things are not working the way we thought they will.

In these times, God teaches us to be steadfast in our faith and declaring our utter dependence on him.

While I was speaking with lord, he carved a beautiful prayer in my heart which I want to share with you all.

Lord, I release my expectations at your feet to never pick them up again.
I release the expectations from my parent's shoulder to nurture and provide for me as you are the one who can nourish my soul.
I release the expectations from my husband's shoulder to always support me, be with me as I understand he has his own issues to deal with, rather I pray you give both of us wisdom to do this life well together.
I release the burden from society,companies and even my bosses to provide me the job as you are the one who will provide for me.
I release my burden from any idols that I have created for a false security and confess that I only need you. You are my hope and security.
I pray for hope and peace.

Now as I write this prayer and meditate on it, I am hearing the sound of raindrops. Lord is near and his goodness and mercy is forever with us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Patience – The Five-Minute Test

Every Sunrise Preaches a Sermon